|Geeky Programs at the Library|
Event Type: FLW Statewide Webinars|
Start Time: 10:30 AM
End Time: 11:30 AM
According to geekthelibrary.org.,“to geek” is:
• To love, to enjoy, to celebrate, to have an intense passion for.
• To express interest in.
• To possess a large amount of knowledge in.
Geek and fandom culture is a growing part of our media landscape—and an amazing opportunity to engage your library patrons of all ages.
This fast-paced webinar will share tips, tricks, resources and ideas to make your library “geekier” and fun.
Participants will learn about:
• Ideas for inexpensive geeky programs
• Fandom and geek trends
• Creating geek STEAM programs
• Large-scale geek programs
• Ideas for passive geek programs
• Anime clubs
• Ideas for geek programs for millennials and up
• How geek programs can engage your patrons
• Promoting your collection through geek programs
• Resources for finding geek program ideas
Location: Web Based Training
Link: Register Here