|Getting around Chicagoland using public transportation|
Event Type: Adult Program|
Age Group(s): Adults (Ages 18+), All Ages (Kids and Adults)
Start Time: 7:00 PM
End Time: 8:30 PM
Learn how to use RTA and CTA public transportation, which is good for the environment and less expensive than driving.ZB Library
RTA Travel Trainer Kristen Salkas will show how easy it is to use accessible Pace and CTA buses and Metra trains to independently travel in and around the Chicago metropolitan area. The presentation will be particularly beneficial to seniors and people with disabilities to be informed about special public transportation options.
* Overview of accessible features on CTA and Pace buses, and CTA and Metra trains and station accessibility.
* Benefits of using accessible public transportation systems.
* Travel training information, including trip planning, reading maps and schedules and using online resources.
* Tips for safe, easy and successful trips using public transportation.
* Fare information and tips on applying for the RTA's Reduced Fare and Circuit Ride Free permits.
Location: Meeting Room B
Printed materials will be available in English and Spanish and an interpreter will be provided.Contact: Kristen Salkas
Contact Number: 312.913.3146
Presenter: Adult Services Staff